Benefits of industry affiliation
- Develop relationships with dairy foods researchers at universities and within the dairy industry.
- Express industry needs and influence research priorities.
- Develop collaborative research projects.
- Get early access to research results and white papers.
- Receive Web access to research reports.
- Review and improve regionally-funded research proposals.
- Receive acknowledgement of your sponsorship to the Center and its research programs.
How to become an industry member
- Sponsor a dairy-related project with a faculty member within the Center.
Research projects are governed by a contractual agreement between the University and the sponsoring organization. The yearly amount of a project will vary considerably, with a typical annual commitment being approximately $40,000. This level of support is given to projects other than those funded by Dairy Management, Inc., and such independent sponsorship allows your organization to name an individual to the Center's Operational Advisory Committee.
- Subscribe as an annual member of the center.
There is no contract or formal process; merely a letter expressing your organization's intent to participate. A $5,000 annual fee will be invoiced at the time of your choice during the year. At any time, support of the Center may be terminated or converted to sponsorship of an individual project. Organizational support may be directed to the University of Minnesota, South Dakota State University, or Iowa State University.
Paying membership dues
- Credit card or E-check. Electronic payments can be made via the Food Science website. This is a direct deposit into our foundation account at the University of Minnesota.
- Check. Standard checks are payable to the Midwest Dairy Foods Research Center and mailed to: University of Minnesota, Attn: Peggy Lehtola, 1334 Eckles Av, St. Paul, MN.
For more information contact:
Lloyd E. Metzger, Center Director
South Dakota State University
Dairy Science Department
Brookings, SD 57007