Food safety is a research focus area that seeks to ensure the safety of dairy products and ingredients. Specific priority areas include:
- Developing analytical tools and testing methods.
- Improving the quality and safety of on-farm practices (excludes milk production).
- Developing microbial inhibition and sterilization techniques for in-package pathogen control.
- Developing novel technologies to improve the safety of dairy products and ingredients.
- Developing rapid spore detection and control methods.
- Creating novel ways to measure and predict the quality of products and ingredients.
- Developing sensor technologies for in-process or in-package testing.